At Bay City ISD we know that students cannot learn if they feel as if they are in an unsafe environment. Thus, we offer the following:
- A full-time Police Chief, with certified and friendly Law Enforcement Officers on every school campus
- Cameras & extra supervision on buses and a "Bus Code of Conduct"
- Crisis Plans for all campuses with annual drills
- V-Soft System (Rapter) for visitor identification at each school
- A variety of programs to address Drugs, Weapons, Character development, & Bullying
- Participate with STPNOC's emergency drills
The mission of the Bay City I.S.D. Police Department is to protect the safety and welfare of persons and district property at all Bay City Independent School District facilities and property within carefully prescribed policy, ethical, statutory and constitutional restrictions. The mission of the Bay City Independent School District Police Department is to be fulfilled using in-house personnel and equipment where practical and by assistance from local law enforcement as necessary.
It is the intent of the police department personnel to minimize its intrusion into the daily operation of instructional programs and local campus management, consistent with applicable, federal, state and local laws and the board of trustees policies.
Services & Responsibilities
Bay City ISD Officers are recognized as leaders in campus public safety practices. Bay City ISD Officers effectively and efficiently provide protection of lives and property, preserve peace, prevent unlawful acts, prepare accurate and detailed incident reports, and make arrest when warranted. Bay City ISD Officers are committed to integrity, while serving with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.