CTE Mission & Goals
The Bay City Independent School District (BCISD) Career & Technical Education Program cultivates the potential in our students by integrating rigorous classroom instruction with relevant, work-based experiences that inspire, guide and empower them for post-secondary college and careers. As an investment in the future of our communities, our state, nation, and world, CTE programs bridge the academic, employability and technical skills that prepare young adults for leadership roles in our ever-changing world. Within our website, you will find information about Career and Technical Education course and programs.
· To provide each eighth grade student the opportunity to identify career interests that are related to a career cluster, to develop an educational plan, and to select a logical sequence of courses
· To offer each student career learning experiences prior to graduation from high school
· To provide each student upon graduation with academic and technical skills needed to pursue additional education (technical school, community college, college or university) related to a career interest identified in high school
· To provide each student with understanding and knowledge that ethical behavior wand work place skills are integral to successful employment
· To incorporate new and emerging foundation skills needed to perform tasks proficiently at current business and industry standards.
As an integral part of the students’ education, CTE teachers, counselors, and administrators are committed to bringing out the best in our youth, motivating them to aspire to excellence in school, at work, and in their communities. Understanding what motivates and inspires 21st century students will have a transformative effect on how future generations learn, work, and use leisure time.