Bay City High School Blackcat Band
Instructions to see your marching band music have been posted to the "Band Members" section of our website. Please make sure that this works for you and also make sure that you have all the music that is listed. If you have any trouble please contact Mr. Longoria or Mr. Carrizales through "remind" or email.
UPDATE: 6/20/20 - SUMMER BAND LETTER - MAKE SURE TO READ!!!
We are looking forward to the start of the 2020 school year/football season. The Blackcat Stadium is an exciting addition to the upcoming football season This is a new year, new stadium and we will be working to make us the best Blackcat Band possible. This all begins for us with the beginning of Summer band.
Summer band will begin on Monday, July 27 2020. Please refer to your calendar for times that you will be attending. For the first two weeks, you will be in a four hour block of time either in the morning or afternoon all of which will be indoors. Two hours will be in a playing block and the other two hours will be in a marching block. Following these two weeks, we will be outside for the next week and a half in the evening learning marching drill. It is imperative that you attend all rehearsals. This is our advancing year and we will need all the rehearsal time possible. For our new members, this means that we will have the opportunity to advance to AREA then to STATE.
Please check your school email account for more information including warm-ups, show music, and other band necessities that have been shared with you from Mr. Carrizales and Mr. Longoria. During our time in the Band Hall, we will learn some stand tune music along with our show music.
We will have some new guidelines to follow to keep all students safe throughout your time in the BCHS Building.
- Before entering the building, we will most likely be taking your temperature. If you are running a high temperature, you will not be allowed in the building and you will need to call your parents to go home.
- Upon getting your temperature, you will need to follow the QR reader and check in to the school building.
- You will only enter by the band hall.
- When you enter the band hall, please use the hand sanitizer on the inside of each of the main doors.
- If you are supposed to be in the band hall, you will get your instrument and a stand and proceed to your labeled chair and remain there.
- We will SOCIAL DISTANCE the entire time while in the Band Hall and Cafeteria. If we require a mask, we will provide one for you. Of course when you are playing, you won’t be wearing a mask. However, if you are sitting and talking, we will ask you to wear masks.
- If you are supposed to be in the cafeteria, go directly to the cafeteria after you get your instrument.
- There will be a hand sanitizer station in the cafeteria as well. Please use it.
- You will be spread apart in the cafeteria. Please sit on the floor in the cafeteria.
- DO NOT GO ANYWHERE EXCEPT THOSE TWO LOCATIONS unless otherwise told by a Band Director. DO NOT WANDER THROUGH THE SCHOOL.
- The Band Hall and Cafeteria group will only use the Bathroom facilities by the Band Hall.
- Please wear tennis shoes during all of Summer band. No flip flops or crocs.
- We will not be using band water coolers with cups. EVERYONE WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN FULL WATER JUG!
These are our current guidelines but may change prior to us beginning summer band.
REMIND: We will use REMIND to give out information. Please sign up for REMIND. Join Us on Remind to get the latest Band info by texting to 81010. In the message, Students type: @20bcband21 Parents type: @20bcpar
Parents: Any information we put in the student section, we will also put in the parent section as well. We put a parent section in the event that we need to send information just to you.
If you have any questions, please DO NOT call the school at this time. Contact Mr. Longoria through Remind, Band Facebook, or email, Even though we will follow new guidelines, we look forward to seeing all of you and making some awesome music.
GO CATS GO!
Thank you, The Band Directors
Welcome to the Bay City High School Blackcat Band webpage. Students, parents, friends, and alumni can use this site to keep up-to-date on all of our events, performances, trips, and volunteer opportunities.
Parents and friends: If you have any pictures of our Blackcat band, email them to the directors if you wish. We would love to feature them on our site!
Be sure to like our BCHS Blackcat Band Facebook page!