Hey Blackcats! The counseling team is excited to serve and help you with your academic and socio-emotional needs.
You may email a counselor any time and we will get back to you to meet your needs.
- Kim Sliva- Students in alpha split A-G- email@example.com
- Shelly Grimes- Students in alpha split H-O- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norma Hidalgo- Students in alpha split P-Z- email@example.com
- Karen Kennedy - Counseling Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Resources
In circumstances of crisis after hours, please contact 911 or the following helplines:
- Texas Youth Helpline - Visit Dfps.state.tx.us or call 1-800-989-6844, text us at 512-872-5777.
- Trained volunteers are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will listen to your problem, help you develop a solution.
- For example, I ran away from home. Where can I find help? What should I do if my child does not come home?
- National Textline - Text CONNECT to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1.800.273.8255
- SAMHSA's National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
For information on anxiety and depression:
Feeling you are in an abusive relationship? Visit the below resources:
- Love is Respect: 1-866-331-9474/Text “loveis” to 22522/loveisrespect.org
- National Sexual Assault hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE/rainn.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Break the Cycle: www.breakthecycle.org
- LGBT National Help Center; Hotline 1-800-246-PRIDE/glbthotline.org/chat.html