The Bay City Independent School District is extremely thankful to the Bay City ISD voters. Thank you for your collective decision on November 8th, 2016 to invest in our community and our schools by passing the Bay City ISD $124 million bond referendum.
Out of approximately 5500 bond election votes cast, 3180 (57.85%) were in favor of the bond.
The bond referendum that voters approved include these projects:
- Replace outdated facilities at BCJH with new construction & renovations
- Replace outdated facilities at Holmes and Roberts elementary campuses with new construction & renovations
- Construct a multi-use facility at BCHS, as well as a baseball field
- Renovate Cherry Elementary
- Upgrade technology
- Improve drainage and parking
Architects -- Claycomb Associates, Architects
Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) -- Weaver and Jacobs
Geo-Technical Engineers -- T.S.I Laboratories, Inc.
Baseball park - opened Spring 2019
New Bay City Junior High - opened August 2019
New Tenie Holmes Elementary - opened August 2019
New multi-purpose stadium - opened June 2020
View our video below to see photos of new facilities: