Apply Texas OR Common Application
If you are planning to apply to any public postsecondary institution (4 year and 2 year colleges) in the state of Texas, you should use Apply Texas. "Apply Texas was created through a collaborative effort between the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the colleges and universities represented on the site. The goal of the project is to offer a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to the many outstanding postsecondary institutions available in Texas.
On ApplyTexas you can accomplish a multitude of tasks including:
- Apply for admission to any Texas public university, as well as to participating community and private colleges.
- Apply for undergraduate, international and graduate admission.
- Copy a submitted application to another institution.
- Submit your application essays online.
- Apply for scholarships from participating universities.
- Search for and view both general and university specific information."
(ApplyTexas, 2007 August 2, About Apply Texas, Retrieved from https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/about.html).
Apply Texas Assistance
If you need assistance, click on the following link to get step-by-step instructions with an explanation for each step. Link to ApplyTexas Instructions
Below is a video that can walks you through the process of completing a college application through Apply Texas. Check it out!
If you are planning to apply to a private school in Texas or out of state, you should use the Common Application.
Common Application Assistance
Below is a video that can walks you through the process of completing a college application through Common Application. Check it out!