As a response to COVID, Bay City ISD encourages all families with the ability to do so, to transport children to and from school themselves. Bus transportation will be offered; however, the standard number of transported students compromises the ability to socially distance. Because social distancing is limited on buses, students utilizing bus transportation will be required to wear face coverings while on the bus.
- All students are required to pre-register for bus transportation if they wish to ride the bus. Even if a student was previously eligible for transportation, they must pre-register again for the 2020-2021 school year in order to ensure transportation services at the start of the school year. Registration for bus transportation must be completed by August 1st.
- Bus seating will be assigned and will operate at the lowest capacity possible according to pre-registration numbers.
- Temperatures will be taken by a bus aide prior to boarding the bus. Parents need to be available if a student cannot board the bus due to fever.
- All students will use hand sanitizer upon boarding the bus.
- All students will need to use non-medical grade face masks, covering nose and mouth while riding the bus.
- All bus drivers will wear face coverings.
- Bus windows will be lowered when weather permits to increase air flow.
- Each bus will be sanitized between routes.
- Transportation staff will be trained in proper sanitation procedures.
- All Bay City ISD vehicles will be equipped with sanitation and cleaning supplies.